FOX6 IDOL BUZZ WORD
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WBRC, LLC P.O. 6 Birmingham, AL 35201 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins Thursday February 10, 2011 and ends at 10:35PM on the date of the American Idol finale on or about Wednesday May 25, 2011. Entries must be received by 10:35PM on the date of the American Idol finale on or about Wednesday May 25, 2011. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Bibb, Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Chilton, Clay, Cleburne, Coosa, Cullman, DeKalb, Etowah, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Marion, Marshall, Pickens, Randolph, St. Clair, Shelby, Sumter, Talladega, Tallapoosa, Tuscaloosa, Walker and Winston, who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WBRC, LLC, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per household will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. Watch WBRC's FOX6 News at 10:00PM on Wednesdays and Thursdays, February 10, 2011 through May 25, 2011. When the "call to action" is prompted during FOX6 News at 10:00PM, be the 6th caller into the station with the correct "Idol Buzz Word" that was displayed that evening on the MyFoxAL FACEBOOK FAN page from 7:00PM thru 10:00PM to win. The call in number will be announced on air when the "call to action" is made. Entries must be received by 10:35PM each day in order to qualify. If you're not a fan of MyFoxAL on Facebook, you have to click the 'Like' button at the top of this page to become a fan.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WBRC-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WBRC-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WBRC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). Thirty (30) prizes will be awarded, one each Wednesday and Thursday beginning February 10, 2011 through on or about May 25, 2011. Each prize winner will receive American Idol keepsake prize pack, contents of pack may vary. Approximate retail value of prize is $20.00.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Prize winners will be notified at the time of their calls. At the time of notification, winners must provide their correct name, address, telephone number and email address that is registered with Facebook account used to "like" MyFoxAL Fan page.
6. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received and the order in which telephone calls are received.
7. Prize Limitations: Only one (1) winner per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one (1) prize from WBRC-sponsored competitions within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered. Winner of the Competition must claim the prize within fourteen (14) days of notification or the prize will be forfeited.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Alabama driver's license or other appropriate picture Alabama state issued identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at the station, 1720 Valley View Drive Birmingham, AL 35209 on normal business days between 8:30AM – 4:00PM within fourteen (14) business days or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize within fourteen (14) business days or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WBRC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WBRC-TV if WBRC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WBRC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WBRC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WBRC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
11. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to P.O. Box 6, Birmingham, AL between May 26, 2011 and June 24, 2011.
1720 Valley View Drive