FOX6 CONTEST RULES
2011 Buffalo Rock Mother's Day Getaway Giveaway
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WBRC, LLC, P.O. Box 6, Birmingham, AL 35201, Buffalo Rock 34 West Oxmoor Road, Birmingham, AL 35209 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 7:00AM on Wednesday April 20, 2011 and ends at 4:00PM on Saturday May 7, 2011. Entries must be received by Saturday May 7, 2011 at 4:00PM. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Bibb, Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Chilton, Clay, Coosa, Cullman, Etowah, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Marion, Pickens, St. Clair, Shelby, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Walker and Winston, who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WBRC, LLC, Buffalo Rock, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per household will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Only one entry per e-mail address will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There are two (2) ways to enter this promotion. Beginning on Wednesday April 20, 2011 at 7:00AM individuals can log on to www.myfoxal.com and complete the online entry form or mail entry to 1720 Valley View Drive, Birmingham, AL 35209 or P.O. Box 6, Birmingham, AL 35201. Nominee will describe why their mother, wife, sister or daughter best deserves a getaway in 50 words or less. Each entry must include entrants Nominator's Name, Nominator's Email, Relation to Nominee, Nominator's Address, Nominator's City, Nominator's State, Nominator's Zip, Nominator's Daytime Phone, Nominator's Alternate Phone, Nominator's Date of Birth (mm/dd/yy), Nominee's Name, Nominee's Address, Nominee's City, Nominee's State, Nominee's Zip, Nominee's Daytime Phone, Nominee's Date of Birth (mm/dd/yy). Only entries e-mailed or mailed to the above address will be eligible Entries must be received by Saturday May 7, 2011 at 4:00PM in order to qualify. Entries are eligible for all drawings after they are received. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WBRC-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WBRC-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WBRC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). One (1) prize will be awarded. Nominee will receive a certificate good for two round trip plane tickets, 3 days and 2 nights hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy) in New York, NY and 2 tickets to Live with Regis and Kelly Tuesday May 17, 2011. The winner(s) is responsible for all travel-related expenses not expressly stated in the prize description, including, without limitation, meals, beverages, gratuities, ground transportation, taxes and surcharges. Flight and hotel selection will be determined by WBRC. Winner may upgrade accommodation or flight plan at his/her own expense. If winner is unable to travel on the dates designated, winner will be disqualified and Sponsor may choose an alternate winner. The approximate retail value of prize is $1485.00.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. One winner will be selected from the qualifying entries based on originality. The contest will be judged by WBRC, the decision of the judges will be final on or about Saturday May 7, 2011. Individuals are eligible to win only one (1) prize from WBRC-sponsored promotion within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered. Winner must claim prize by May 10, 2011 or the prize will be forfeited. Prize winners will be notified via the e-mail address used during registration on or about the day of the drawing and announced on FOX6 Good Day Alabama.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate State of Alabama issued, picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at the station located at 1720 Valley View Dr. Birmingham, AL 35209 on normal business days between 8:30AM – 4:00PM by May 10, 2011 at the time the prize is claimed or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by May 10, 2011 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WBRC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WBRC-TV if WBRC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WBRC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WBRC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WBRC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WBRC-TV between May 10, 2011 and June 10, 2011.
1720 Valley View Drive