2011 Glee For All Contest Rules
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WBRC, LLC P.O. 6 Birmingham, AL 35201, Colonial Brookwood Village, 623, Brookwood Village, 35209, BBVA Compass Bowl, 2 Riverchase Office Plaza, Suite 110, 35244 and Alagasco, 605 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd. N, 35203 (collectively, "Sponsors"). The promotion begins at 12:00AM Wednesday August 24, 2011. Entries must be received by Monday September 19, 2011 at 4:00pm. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. high school choral teams in a high school located in one of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Bibb, Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Chilton, Clay, Cleburne, Coosa, Cullman, DeKalb, Etowah, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Marion, Marshall, Pickens, Randolph, St. Clair, Shelby, Sumter, Talladega, Tallapoosa, Tuscaloosa, Walker and Winston, who are high school students at the time of entry. If a high school choral director (or the equivalent) is an employee or an immediate family member of an employee of one of the Sponsors, then that high school choral tema is not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per high school will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. The high school director (or equivalent) that completes the entry form referred to in Rule 3 below must be at least 21 years of age.
3. How to Enter. There is one (1) way to enter this promotion. Beginning on Wednesday August 24, 2011 at 12:00AM CT, a high school choral director (or equivalent) can log on to www.tellfox.com and complete the online entry form and upload a video of their choral team of no more than twenty (20) participants (a capella or accompanied by recorded music) entry should be four (4) – six (6) minutes in length. Registered entrants will be directed to a page where they will upload their video. Entries must be received by Monday September 19, 2011 at 4:00PM CT in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsors, and Sponsors reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsors is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsors), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WBRC-TV and the other Sponsors of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WBRC-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsors for that purpose. WBRC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsors.
4. Prizes. Five (5) first prizes will be awarded. First prize winners' choral department will receive $400.00. One (1) grand prize winner will be selected. Grand prize winner's choral department will have an opportunity to perform at a BBVA Compass Bowl event January 6 – 7, 2012 (event TBA) and be awarded $3000.00.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. A panel of judges will select up to six (6) semifinalists from qualifying entries on September 19, 2011. Semi-finalists will be notified on or about September 20, 2011 via the email address used during registration. Semi-finalists will have the opportunity to perform a song of their choice a cappella or accompanied by recorded music at Brookwood Colonial Village Saturday, October 1, 2011 in front of a panel of judges. Date is subject to change by Sponsors. One grand prize winner will be selected from the six (6) semi-finalists. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at the time of notification (the high school choral director or equivalent must sign on behalf of the winning choral team). If release is not signed upon notification, FOX6 management will select an alternate winner. Participants are responsible for all travel-related expenses not expressly stated in the prize description, including, without limitation, meals, beverages, gratuities, ground transportation, taxes and surcharges.
6. Odds of Winning. Odds of being a semi-finalist depends on the number of entries received. Odds of being the grand prize winner are 1 in 6.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture state issued identification of the high school instructor is required to claim a prize.
The high schools of the winning choral teams will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Sponsor will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. High schools of winning choral teams will receive a Form 1099 from Sponsor if Sponsor reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Sponsors may use the name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation of the high school of each winning choral team and its members and the director, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each high school of each winning choral team and its members and the director acknowledge that WBRC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast their name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsors, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with the prizes, however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WBRC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WBRC-TV are final and binding. Sponsors reserve the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of WBRC's website, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to P.O. Box 6, Birmingham, AL between October 3, 2011, 2011 and October 31, 2011.
1720 Valley View Drive