FOX6 CONTEST RULES
2012 Wheels to Vacation Giveaway
Enter the contest here:
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WBRC, LLC, P.O. Box 6, Birmingham, AL 35201, Edwards Chevy 1400 3rd Avenue N Birmingham; Serra Kia 630 Fieldstown Road Gardendale, AL 35071; Serra Toyota 1300 Center Point Parkway Birmingham, AL 35215; Serra Honda 1813 Ensley 5 Points W Ave Birmingham, AL 35218; Landers McLarty 6533 University Drive NW, Huntsville, AL 35806 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 2:00pm on Friday February 17, 2012 and ends at 12:00pm on Friday March 9, 2012. Entries must be received by Friday March 9, 2012 at 12:00pm. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Bibb, Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Chilton, Clay, Coosa, Cullman, Etowah, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Marion, Pickens, St. Clair, Shelby, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Walker and Winston, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WBRC, LLC, Edwards Chevy, Serra Kia, Serra Toyota, Serra Honda, Landers McLarty , the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per household/email will be accepted, and multiple entries will disqualify entrant(s).
3. How to Enter. There is one (1) ways to enter this promotion. Beginning on Friday February 17, 2012 at 2:00pm individuals can log on to www.myfoxal.com and complete all fields of the online entry form. Only entries completed on the online entry form will be eligible. Entries must be received by Friday March 9, 2012 at 12:00pm in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WBRC-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WBRC-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WBRC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). One (1) prize will be awarded. Winner will receive a vacation package for two (2) to one of the following locations Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Cancun, or Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Trip includes round trip airfare in economy class for two persons from Birmingham, AL to one of the cities above, six (6) nights hotel accommodations (double occupancy); all meals and beverages at specified locations; access to on-site activities. The approximate retail value of prize is $3500.00 - $4500.00 depending on location and season.
The trip must be booked at least 60 days in advance through AGENCY and must be taken within 12 months. The winner and travel guest must travel together on the same itinerary, and are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including without limitation, ground transportation, airport transfers, fuel surcharges, departure fees, overweight baggage fees, post-trip or pre-trip accommodations, meals and beverages outside those specified, gratuities, costs related to shopping, on-site activities not specifically included in the Prize, nightlife activities, activities outside the specified property, other daily expected expenditures, spending money, telephone calls, travel and medical insurance, all applicable taxes together with any required travel documentation or passport and travel-visa fees, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature. The itinerary of the trip may change and is at the discretion of AGENCY, as bookings are subject to availability, changes in itinerary and other restrictions. The winner may be required by the hotel to provide an accepted and valid credit card to cover incidental charges (including, but not limited to, telephone charges and special purchases). Winner's travel guest must be a legal resident of Alabama and 21 years of the age. Winner and travel guest are solely responsible for obtaining their own travel documents, such as passport or travel visa, in advance of the departure date. Contest Sponsors are not responsible in the event winner and/or travel guest are refused entry to destination country or re-entry into the United States for whatever reason and, in such event, any unused portion of the Prize will be forfeited. Winner and travel guest must travel on the dates and times specified by AGENCY. In the event winner and/or travel guest cannot travel within the specified dates for whatever reason, any unused portion of the Prize will be forfeited. Flight and accommodation will not be rescheduled once booked. No responsibility is assumed by Contest Sponsors for cancelled, delayed, suspended or re-scheduled events or travel after ticketing for any reason whatsoever beyond their control. Transportation and accommodations are subject to availability, blackout periods, government restrictions and regulations, and any hotel, airline, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. No financial compensation will be made if actual costs are lower or higher than this amount. No travel reward points or frequent-flyer points will be awarded or allowed to be collected as part of the Prize
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. One winner will be selected from the qualifying entries by random drawing. The contest will be judged by WBRC, the decision of the judges will be final on or about Friday March 9, 2012. Individuals are eligible to win only one (1) prize from WBRC-sponsored promotion within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered. Winner must claim prize by Friday March 23, 2012 or the prize will be forfeited. Prize winner will be notified via the e-mail address or phone number used during registration on or about the day of the drawing.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate State of Alabama issued, picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner and travel companion will be required to execute a release and affidavit of eligibility during a single visit at the station located at 1720 Valley View Dr. Birmingham, AL 35209 on normal business days between 8:30am – 4:00pm by Friday March 23, 2012 at the time the prize is claimed or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by Friday March 23, 2012 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WBRC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner) will receive a Form 1099 from WBRC-TV if WBRC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WBRC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WBRC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WBRC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WBRC-TV between March 12, 2012 and April 13, 2012.
1720 Valley View Drive