1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WBRC, LLC P.O. 6 Birmingham, AL 35201 and Pepsi 34 West Oxmoor Road, Birmingham, AL 35209, Clear Channel Radio Birmingham 600 Beacon Parkway West Suite 400 Birmingham, AL 35209 The Riverchase Galleria 3000 Riverchase Galleria Hoover, AL 35244. The promotion begins at 12:00AM Saturday April 7, 2012. Entries must be received by Thursday April 17, 2012 at 12:00pm. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. who are residents of the state of Alabama, must be 13 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States at the time of registration. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WBRC, LLC, Pepsi, Clear Channel Radio Birmingham, The Riverchase Galleria the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. you are also ineligible if you already have any type of talent representation (for example, a talent agent or manager), a music recording contract, a merchandising agreement, or any other contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from entering into a management contract, recording contract and merchandising contract. Only one entry per person/email address will be accepted, and multiple entries will disqualify all entries for individual.
3. How to Enter. There is one (1) ways to enter this promotion. Beginning on Saturday April 7, 2012 at 12:00AM CT individuals can log on to www.myfoxal.com and complete the online entry form. Entries must be received by Thursday April 17, 2012 at 12:00PM CT in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entries must be filled out by the entrant or legal guardian completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WBRC-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WBRC-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WBRC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). One (1) prize will be awarded. Prize winner will receive round trip airfare from Birmingham, AL to Greensboro, NC and two (2) nights hotel accommodations on or about April 30, 2012and an opportunity to audition with a Show Producer for the television program X-Factor on or about May 1, 2012(any winner under the age of 19 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian). Winner are responsible for all travel-related expenses not expressly stated in the prize description, including, without limitation, meals, beverages, gratuities, ground transportation, taxes and surcharges. The approximate retail value for each prize is up to $2000.00.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner. Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Up to Sixty (60) contestants will be selected by random drawing from qualified entrants. Those selected will have an opportunity to perform a song of their choice with or without an acoustic instrument (there will be no time allowed for set up or accommodation for non-acoustic instruments; contestant must be able to carry instrument on and off the performance area without assistance) at The Riverchase Galleria in front of a panel of judges. Up to twenty-five (25) semi-finalists will be selected from the qualified entries. Semi-finalists will have the opportunity to perform a song of their choice at The Riverchase Galleria Saturday, April 21, 2012 in front of a panel of judges. Six (6) finalists will be selected from the twenty-five (25) semi-finalists. Finalists will have the opportunity to perform a song of their choice in front a panel of judges. One (1) winner will be selected from the 6 finalists. Winner will receive an audition opportunity for the television program X Factor at the national auditions in Greensboro, NC on or about May 1, 2012, round trip airfare from Birmingham, AL to Greensboro, NC and hotel accommodation. Winner will be notified on site if they are a winner. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at the time of notification. In the event that a winner is under the age of 19, a parent or legal guardian must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at the time of notification. If release is not signed upon notification, FOX6 management will select an alternate winner.
6. Odds of Winning. Odds of being a semi-finalist depends on the number of entries received. Odds of being a finalist are 6 in 25. Odds of being winner are 1 in 6.
7. Prize Limitations: Only one (1) winner per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one (1) prize from WBRC-sponsored competitions within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture state issued identification is required to claim a prize. Any winner under the age of 19 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the competition. If a legal guardian accompanies you, your legal guardian must bring proof of guardianship. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at the time of notification. In the event that a winner is under the age of 19, a parent or legal guardian must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at the time of notification or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WBRC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner will receive a Form 1099 from WBRC-TV if WBRC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WBRC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WBRC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WBRC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
11. THE X FACTOR&™ and © 2012 FremantleMedia North America, Inc. and Simco Limited. All Rights Reserved. Licensed by FremantleMedia Enterprises. FOX&™ Fox and its related entities. All rights reserved.
12. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to P.O. Box 6, Birmingham, AL between April 23, 2012 and May 25, 2012.
1720 Valley View Drive