2012 Serra Honda and Kia Deluxe Cruise Giveaway Contest Rules
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WBRC, LLC 1720 Valley View Dr., Birmingham, AL 35209, Serra Kia 630 Fieldstown Road Gardendale, AL 35071 and Serra Honda 1813 Ensley 5 Points West Avenue Birmingham, AL 35218 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion will be held July 3 – July 17, 2012. Entries must be received by 9:00am Tuesday, July 17, 2012. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Bibb, Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Chilton, Clay, Cleburne, Coosa, Cullman, DeKalb, Etowah, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Marion, Marshall, Pickens, Randolph, St. Clair, Shelby, Sumter, Talladega, Tallapoosa, Tuscaloosa, Walker and Winston, who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WBRC TV, Serra Kia, Serra Honda, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this giveaway; 1. beginning on July 3, 2012 at 4:00pm, viewers must text the word that was displayed on MYFOXAL.COM or 2. enter through the "CRUISE" widget on the web by visiting the www.myfoxal.com contest page. The number to text will be announced on air when the "call to action" is made. Entries must be received by 9:00am Tuesday, July 17, 2012 in order to qualify. Message and data rates may apply. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WBRC-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WBRC-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WBRC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). One (1) prize will be awarded. Prize winner will receive a five night cruise for two (2) on Norwegian Cruise in Miami, FL; all onboard meals included. Winner is responsible for all travel-related expenses not expressly stated in the prize description, including, without limitation, meals, beverages, gratuities, ground transportation, taxes and surcharges. The approximate retail value of each first prize is $2500.00.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Winners will be notified by text message or for website entries through the email used at the time of registration with instructions for claiming prize. At the time of notification, winners must provide their correct name, address, date of birth and telephone number.
6. Odds of Winning. Odds of becoming a prize winner depend upon the number of eligible entries with the correct word are received.
7. Prize Limitations: Only one (1) winner per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one (1) prize from WBRC-sponsored competitions within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered. Winner of the Competition must claim prize between 8:30am – 4:00pm by Tuesday July 31, 2012 or the prize will be forfeited.
The trip must be booked at least 60 days in advance through AGENCY and must be taken within 12 months. The winner and travel guest must travel together on the same itinerary, and are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including without limitation, ground transportation, airport transfers, fuel surcharges, departure fees, overweight baggage fees, post-trip or pre-trip accommodations, meals and beverages outside those specified, gratuities, costs related to shopping, on-site activities not specifically included in the Prize, nightlife activities, activities outside the specified property, other daily expected expenditures, spending money, telephone calls, travel and medical insurance, all applicable taxes together with any required travel documentation or passport and travel-visa fees, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature. The itinerary of the trip may change and is at the discretion of AGENCY, as bookings are subject to availability, changes in itinerary and other restrictions. The winner may be required by the hotel to provide an accepted and valid credit card to cover incidental charges (including, but not limited to, telephone charges and special purchases). Winner's travel guest must be a legal resident of Alabama and 21 years of the age. Winner and travel guest are solely responsible for obtaining their own travel documents, such as passport or travel visa, in advance of the departure date. Contest Sponsors are not responsible in the event winner and/or travel guest are refused entry to destination country or re-entry into the United States for whatever reason and, in such event, any unused portion of the Prize will be forfeited. Winner and travel guest must travel on the dates and times specified by AGENCY. In the event winner and/or travel guest cannot travel within the specified dates for whatever reason, any unused portion of the Prize will be forfeited. Flight and accommodation will not be rescheduled once booked. No responsibility is assumed by Contest Sponsors for cancelled, delayed, suspended or re-scheduled events or travel after ticketing for any reason whatsoever beyond their control. Transportation and accommodations are subject to availability, blackout periods, government restrictions and regulations, and any hotel, airline, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. No financial compensation will be made if actual costs are lower or higher than this amount. No travel reward points or frequent-flyer points will be awarded or allowed to be collected as part of the Prize.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture state issued identification is required to claim a prize. The winner, and if applicable any travel companion, will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at the station located at 1720 Valley View Drive, Birmingham, AL 35209 on normal business days between 8:30am – 4:00pm by Tuesday, July 31, 2012 or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by Tuesday, July 31, 2012 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WBRC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WBRC-TV if WBRC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WBRC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WBRC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WBRC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
11. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to P.O. Box 6, Birmingham, AL between July 18, 2012 and August 15, 2012.
1720 Valley View Drive