While mold can cause health issues, like upper respiratory problems, school officials say this type of spore typically causes no health issues. They believe it is likely the result of doors and windows left open to the elements.
SERVPRO cleanup crews have started cleaning up the classrooms and air vents in the affected areas of the school.
Warner says she doesn't know how long the students will be in the portables and she says the school system will do whatever it takes to make sure students are safe.
"I'm not sure the cost but that's not an issue right now. We're gonna do whatever it takes to get the situation resolved and make sure our kids are in a safe environment and that their instruction is not impacted," Warnder said.
Parents have also posted on Facebook about snakes at the school. Warner says one snake did make it into the building.
The school has called pest control and they are working to make sure no other rodents or animals make it inside again.