Zoe's Chicken and Orzo Soup
1 Whole Chicken
6 qts of water
2 TBSP of salt
1 1/5 TBSP tsp of pepper
1/2 of a whole yellow onion
1 celery end
1 1/2 TBSP of Zoes Marinade Mix
1/2 Chicken Base
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 lb sliced carrots
1 bunch chopped celery
5 cups cooked orzo pasta
1/4 cup lemon juice
1) Place whole chicken, water, salt, black pepper, whole peeled yellow onion, and celery end in a stock pot. Set time to 1 HOUR AND 15 MINUTES. Cook on high heat until water boils.
2) Once boiling, set heat to low, cover with lid and continue to cook.
3) When timer beeps, remove chicken; place in metal pan and refrigerate in designated cooler.
4) Remove and discard yellow onion and celery end.
5) Add Zoes marinade mix, chicken base, chopped yellow onions, sliced carrots, chopped celery, and lemon juice. Return to a simmer, reduce hear, and cover and cook on medium heat for 20 MINUTES.
6) After 20 minutes taste celery and carrots to make sure they are cooked through. They should be soft. If done, turn off heat, add cooked orzo pasta.
7) Remove chicken from cooler. DEBONE REMOVE ALL FAT AND GRISTLE, AND PULL CHICKEN BY HAND.
8) Add chicken to the soup and stir until combined.
GDA Cooking - November 15, 2012
1720 Valley View Drive