Center Point High School Principal Van Phillips says that a small fire has been extinguished at the school.
Phillips says that some toilet paper was set on fire in a womens' bathroom in the career tech wing Tuesday afternoon.
The school was evacuated in about two minutes around 2:20 p.m. and students were allowed back in around 3 p.m. Phillips says that sprinklers put out the small fire and there seems to be only a small amount of smoke damage in one stall and in the hallway where the bathroom is located.
Phillips also said that no one was injured during the incident. Authorities are currently investigating whether the fire was intentional. Phillips says if it was, a perpatrator could be charged with arson.
Check back to MyFoxAl.com as this story develops.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
1720 Valley View Drive