Village Tavern Turkey with Blue Cheese and Cranberry-Apricot Chutney Sandwich
4 Slices Thick Sliced Sandwich Bread
4 Tablespoons Cranberry-Apricot Chutney (Recipe Follows)
6 oz. wt. Sliced Leftover Roast Turkey or Shredded Leftover Turkey Meat
2 oz. wt. Blue Cheese Crumbled
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ Cup Arugula
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
As Needed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2. Place bread slices on a work surface. Spread chutney on 2 bread slices. Arrange turkey on top, dividing evenly, sprinkle cheese.
3. Spread mayonnaise on the remaining 2 bread slices; cover each sandwich, mayonnaise side down.
4. Drizzle extra olive oil on pre-heated pan. Place the sandwiches and cook until bread is crisp on both sides and cheese is melted.
5. Put arugula in a small bowl. Drizzle with enough olive oil to coat; season with salt and black pepper.
6. Open sandwiches; arrange arugula on each one. Close sandwiches and cut in half.
7. Serve immediately.
Yield: 2 ½ CUPS
¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Can Whole Berry Cranberry (14 oz. can)
1 Cup Dried Apricots, diced ¼ inch
3 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, minced
½ Cup Yellow Onion, minced
1. In a sauce pan over low heat, combine all ingredients.
2. Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until thick.
3. Cool down, store and refrigerate until ready to use.
1720 Valley View Drive