Fire damages west Birmingham home

Fire damages west Birmingham home

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters putting out the blaze. Fire officials think that a heater caused the fire. Source: WBRC video Firefighters putting out the blaze. Fire officials think that a heater caused the fire. Source: WBRC video
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) -

A wall heater is blamed for starting a fire Wednesday morning at a home in west Birmingham.

Firefighters were called to the 600 block of 4th Avenue West around 9:30 a.m.  When they arrived, they found flames and lots of smoke coming from portions of the home.

The fire was quickly contained, but not before the fire heavily damaged parts of the home.

Birmingham Fire Chief C.W. Mardis says a wall heater in one of the children's bedrooms started the fire.

The family was not at home when the fire started. No one was hurt.

Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow