Firefighters in Attalla stayed busy on Monday morning when the Fresh Donuts on Third Street caught fire.
Fire Chief Robert Dillard says the fire broke out at 10:30 a.m. The building was fully involved by the time crews arrived and could be seen mostly in the ceiling above the restaurant's kitchen.
The fire is now under control, but some smoke can still be seen. Firefighters say the office was completely destroyed in the blaze.
An employee of the restaurant says there had been some electrical issues in the ceiling. She adds that the fire was not the result of cooking.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
1720 Valley View Drive
Birmingham, AL 35209
FCC Public File