Crews are on the scene of a fire in Midfield. The blaze happened around 4:30 a.m. on Friday morning at 601 11th Avenue.
Witnesses tell us a 29-year-old mother and her 6-year-old son suffered heavy smoke inhalation while escaping. The fire marshal has stated that there were two injuries. Their condition at this time has not been confirmed.
The father and a 4-year-old girl managed to escaped safely through a window of the residence.
A candle is believed to have started the blaze. During a loss of power last night, the family was using the candle as a light source in the home.
State fire marshals are investigating.
Midfield Fire Department is working the fire.
Stay with this story for more information as it becomes available.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
1720 Valley View Drive