A young boy has passed away after being injured in a house fire.
Hospital officials have confirmed that 6-year-old Kameron Hall has died from injuries he received after being involved in a house fire in Midfield.
The blaze happened around 4:30 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 11 at 601 11th Avenue in Midfield. Witnesses at the scene stated that the 29-year-old mother and her 6-year-old son suffered heavy smoke inhalation while escaping. The fire marshal also stated that there were two injuries.
The father and a 4-year-old girl managed to escape safely through a window of the residence. Hall's mother remains in UAB Hospital. There is no word on her condition.
A candle is believed to have started the blaze. During a loss of power last night, the family was using the candle as a light source in the home.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
1720 Valley View Drive