As the strong storms move through the area, we will keep you updated on damaged areas.
SLIDESHOW: Storm damage photos 1-30-13
- Winston County EMA says there is some roof damage in the community of Delmar. They also report trees and power lines down on County Road 40 west of County Road 77.
- In the Shoals, a roof was damaged at the Four Seasons Apartments on Helton Drive, and in Sheffield, wind ripped the roof off of a building on West Second Street.
- Power crews responded to West Second Street. Officials said part of the roof caught in some power lines.
- Tree have been reported down across Lauderdale County including the areas of County Road 170 at Highway 431, County Road 2 near the Natchez Trace, County Road 129 at County Road 121 and County Road 6 before County Road 189.
- Trees have also been reported down on Highway 36 in Somerville.
- Power lines are down in Rogersville at Grisham Drive and Lee Street. Florence Electric is working to repair them.
- Several trees have been downed in the Jemison Thorsby area.
- In Birmingham, traffic lights are out at Daniel Payne Drive and Coalburg Road. Another light at Highway 78 and Cherry Avenue is said to be out.
- The National Weather Service says a mobile home was blown away on County Road 1043 at the Cullman/Winston County line. On County Road 1253, between West Point and Vinemont and near Beulah Church of Christ, a barn was blown away.
- Damage reported to a house next to Sardis Church in Winston County.
- Weather Watcher Kris Stormy Gardner says multiple trees are down all over Fayette county. Most of the damage is on 107, where they is also a wreck.
- An unconfirmed report says an airport hanger was blown away in the Addison area of Winston County. The report also says trees and power lines are down in the county and some homes have been damaged.
- Talladega County EMA is reporting trees and power lines down at the intersection of Highway 21 and Highway 280. They say that flooding reports are coming in so fast that they cannot report them all.
- A church in Rogersville had its steeple blown off the roof. The main building suffered damage from the falling steeple.
- Randolph County EMA is reporting downed powerlines in Rock Mills.
Jefferson County EMA is reporting flooding along Sweeny Hollow Road in Center Point.
- Cleburne County EMA says there is flooding at the intersection of Highway 78 and Highway 9 in Heflin.
8 a.m. Outage Update: About 6,700 customers affected statewide.
3,700 in West Alabama (hardest hit in Carbon Hill, Fayette, Winfield)
1,300 Mobile area
900 metro Birmingham
600 Eastern (mostly in Sylacauga, Pell City)
To report damage:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tweet us at @myfoxal
Post on the MyFoxAL Facebook Page
For more severe weather information:
SEVERE WEATHER ALERTS
To get severe weather alerts to your cell phone via text message, please visit www.myfoxal.com/alerts to subscribe. Message and data rates may apply.
To get severe weather alerts on your smart phone, please visit www.myfoxal.com/apps to download and install one of our weather apps.
FACEBOOK AND TWITTER
Follow FOX6 News and the FOX6 Weather team on Twitter and Facebook for continuous updates on the weather:
Mobile users can also visit http://m.myfoxal.com for news, weather, and traffic updates.
Please visit myfoxal.com/traffic for the latest traffic conditions. You can also sign up for free traffic alerts from the FOX6 Traffic Tracker.
You can get severe weather updates, including live FOX6 severe weather coverage, on the following Clear Channel radio stations in west and central Alabama:
Tuscaloosa: 94.1 ZBQ, 98.1 TXT, News Radio 105.9, and WACT 1420 AM
Birmingham: Magic 96.5, 102.5 The Bull, 103.7 The Q, & News Radio 105.5 WERC
You can get up-to-date information on school, daycare and business closings at www.MyFoxClosings.com.
1720 Valley View Drive