The sun may be shining, the flowers blooming. It is wonderful weather, right? If you are one of the millions of allergy sufferers out there, you may not think so.
There are several medicines that will help tackle coughing, sneezing and congestion, but did you know that what you put on your plate could help ease some of those symptoms?
According to WebMD and MensHealth.com there are several foods that contain antioxidants and vitamins that help fight allergies:
- Onions can reduce swelling in the lungs and nasal passages.
- Broccoli help fight off the inflammation that causes allergies.
- People who eat almonds three or more times a week may have improved wheezing symptoms.
- Red grapes are believed to help ease swollen sinuses or congestion.
- The essential oils found in citrus fruit like oranges, tangerines and lemons may help clear your stuffed nose.
Eating the right foods may not get rid of your allergy but they could make you feel better.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
1720 Valley View Drive