One person is in critical condition after a fire broke out at a residence in Clanton Saturday morning.
At approximately 12:15 AM, Clanton 911 received a call of a fire at 120 12th Street South. First responders and neighbors reported hearing several loud explosions coming from the home.
61-Year Old Lorna Wright was found badly burned and transported to UAB Hospital by helicopter.
While in transit by ambulance to the landing zone, Wright reportedly told medics that she had taken her oxygen off to smoke a cigarette when the fire began.
Following containment, firefighters discovered several oxygen bottles located near the apparent source of the fire, as well as two bottles that had apparently ruptured from the heat, likely causing the explosions.
The fire is still under investigation at this time, but no criminal activity is suspected.
1720 Valley View Drive