The Alabama Department of Transportation's ongoing I-85 bridge maintenance project continues near downtown Montgomery.
Weather permitting, the following I-85 lane closures, between mile markers 0.1 and 1.5 (from the bridge over Jackson Street through the bridge over Rosa Parks Avenue), will be in place this weekend:
• Friday, May 3 from 9 p.m. until Saturday, May 4 at 9 a.m. – inside and middle lanes of I-85 North.
• Friday from 9 p.m. until Saturday at 9 a.m. – Day Street to I-85 Ramp.
• Saturday, from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. – inside lane of I-85 North and South.
• Saturday, from 9 p.m. until Sunday, May 5 at 9 a.m. – inside and middle lanes of I-85 North.
• Saturday, from 9 p.m. until Sunday at 9 a.m. – Day Street to I-85 Ramp.
• Sunday, from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. – inside lane of I-85 North and South.
• Sunday from 9 p.m. until Monday, May 6 at 5 a.m. – Day Street to I-85 Ramp.
The closures are part of the Alabama Department of Transportation's bridge joint repair and concrete slab replacement project on I-85 from I-65 to Hall Street in Montgomery. The bridge maintenance project is scheduled for completion this summer.
A work zone speed limit of 40 mph will be strictly enforced.
Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area.
ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this project to improve Alabama's roadways.
ALDOT's mission is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally and economically sound transportation network across Alabama. For further information, visit ALDOT's Road Conditions page at www.dot.state.al.us.
Source: Alabama Department of Transportation
1720 Valley View Drive