Chef Ron's Grilled Turkey Salad
· 1 pound skinless, boneless turkey breast halves
· 1/2 cup pecans
· 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
· 1/2 onion, minced
· 1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
· 2 heads Bibb lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn or use lettuce of your choice
· 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1. Preheat the grill for high heat.
2. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill turkey 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and slice.
3. Meanwhile, place pecans in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pecans until fragrant, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
4. In a blender, combine the red wine vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil, onion, mustard, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth, or use salad dressing of your choice.
5. Arrange lettuce on serving plates. Top with grilled turkey slices, strawberries, and pecans. Drizzle with the dressing to serve.
GDA Cooking - May 17, 2013
1720 Valley View Drive