There was a minimal fire Sunday morning at one of Birmingham's most notable restaurants. The Fish Market owned by George Sarris caught fire after 11:00 AM on 22nd Street South.
A radio dispatch call announced smoke showing from the property. Sarris tells Fox6 it was a minimal fire. Officials believe the blaze to have started near the ice machine.
No one was hurt in the fire. The Fish Market was closed Sunday. Fox6 is told the restaurant can open for business once it is cleaned up.
The restaurant plans to open again on Monday. The fire remains under investigation.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
1720 Valley View Drive