A message for Dish Network subscribers:
At FOX6 WBRC, nothing is more important to us than providing North Central Alabama with the very best in local news and weather, along with your favorite FOX programming.
In order to serve our viewers, FOX6 WBRC has in place agreements with the cable and satellite companies that bring our station to your home. In fact, FOX6 WBRC has such agreements in place with every TV provider in our area.
For several months, we have been working to resolve this matter, but unfortunately so far have been unable to reach an agreement with Dish Network for the continued carriage of FOX6 WBRC.
This is particularly disappointing because all the other TV providers in our area have agreements with us and those agreements are fundamentally similar to the one we have been negotiating with Dish Network.
As a result, on July 31 at midnight, Dish Network customers could lose access to FOX6 WBRC.
We understand how frustrating this is for you. We share your frustration. After all, you pay Dish Network 100% of your bill each month. Why shouldn't you get 100% of your channels? You can reach your local Dish Network Service Rep at 1-888-926-5457 to voice your concern.
FOX6 WBRC is committed to resolving this matter. But in the meantime, you should know that you have choices. Our station will remain available on other providers and we are always available free over-the-air.
- You can switch to DIRECTV at 1-888-777-2454.
- You can switch to Bright house Cable at 205-591-6880.
- You can switch to AT&T U-verse at 1-877-284-3232.
- You can switch to Charter Cable at 1-855-229-8584.
- You can switch to Comcast cable at 1-800-934-6489;
And you can always get your local broadcast channel free over the air.
Thank you for your viewership and support.
Q: Why is it that FOX6 WBRC may no longer be available on Dish Network?
A: In order for FOX6 WBRC to be carried to your home by TV providers like Dish Network, we need to reach agreements that set the terms for them to carry our signal. FOX6 WBRC has such agreements in place with all the TV providers in the market, including DIRECTV. However, we have been unable to reach an Agreement with Dish Network.
Q: What can I do if I have lost access to FOX6 WBRC on Dish Network?
- A: The good news is that you have choices. First, you can tell Dish Network to put FOX6 WBRC back on the dial. If enough customers speak up, Dish Network may listen. You can reach your local Dish Network Service Rep at 1-888-926-5457. Second, you can consider a different TV provider such as
- DIRECTV at 1-888-777-2454
- Bright house Cable at 205-591-6880.
- AT&T U-verse at 1-877-284-3232.
- Charter Cable at 1-855-229-8584.
Finally, you can always get FOX6 WBRC for free over the air.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
1720 Valley View Drive