A natural gas leak in Ensley has been contained, according to officials on the scene.
The leak was reported in the 1500 block of 19th Street in Ensley. Crews were demolishing a run-down house and may have ruptured something to cause the leak.
People were evacuated from a nearby church, First Baptist Church of Ensley. No other homes had to be evacuated and no one was injured.
Alagasco officials were called to the scene and capped the leak.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
1720 Valley View Drive