Condo fire that injures one traced back to space heater, officia

Condo fire that injures one traced back to space heater, officials say

Posted: Updated:

Fire investigators say a condo fire that injured one person on Sunday evening was traced back to the unsafe use of a space heater.

Fire crews were called out to the Myers Park area for a three alarm fire Sunday night.

It happened at the Kimberly Apartments on Reece Road just after seven. That's near Park Road Shopping Center.

Firefighters say it stated on the 3rd floor in a living room in one of the apartments. They say it was too close to combustible materials.

We're told one man was seriously hurt. He's in the hospital recovering.

Property damage at the condo complex is estimated at $25,000.

Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow