Good afternoon! We hope you're staying safe, warm and dry today, and that you're keeping an eye on pets and elderly neighbors and family members.
Here are a few stories for you to check out today:
1. On Sunday, November 24, at about 6:13 PM, a robbery occurred at the EZ-Mart at Highway 349 and Pitner Street in Kilgore. A man with a handgun entered the store wearing a ski mask and demanded that the clerk give him money. Sheriff Cerliano is asking the public to call (903)236-8438 or 903-236-STOP if you have information about the man in the above picture.
2. For those who don't have time, ability or desire to cook Thanksgiving Dinner, here is a list of places that you can eat, instead: East Texas restaurants serving on Thanksgiving Day. We'll add more as they are confirmed.
3. Wood County Crime Stoppers is seeking information leading to the arrest of the suspects responsible for a theft that occurred November 20 off Farm to Market 1643 near Farm to Market 515 in the Pleasant Grove area.
Over $10,000 in property was stolen from large metal shop building. Items taken include a large tool box filled with tools, a large-screen TV, a desktop and more. Call 903-763-2274 if you have any information about this crime.
4. A contractor who led a botched building demolition that killed six people inside an adjacent store will face murder charges for allegedly using reckless methods to perform the low-bid job.
5. Make sure to join Chief Meteorologist Mark Scirto for the latest weather updates on East Texas News at 4, 5 and 6, as well as on his Facebook page and the weather page on KLTV.com for the very latest.
6. The report released Monday afternoon into the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown has failed to identify a motive for the attack. Read it for yourself here.
7. A man who tried to catch a woman who jumped from the third level of the Oakland Raiders' stadium has been released from the hospital. The 61-year-old is recuperating at his home this evening.
Here's the link to our livestream on KLTV.com. We'll see you there for all the news today at 4, 5 and 6!
KLTV Digital Content Producer
1720 Valley View Drive