Officials are warning about the use of space heaters following the injury of an Albany woman.
Firefighters remind you to make sure your heater isn't too close to other items in the home.
Also remember that space heaters are made only to heat a small area and you shouldn't use them for continuous heat.
"Every year during the cold weather we have incidents of fires related to people improperly using space heaters last week we had a lady that her space heater malfunction too close to combustibles that resulted in her being carried to the hospital," said Fire chief James Carswell.
It's possible for a cord on space heaters to overheat and start a fire.
Copyright 2013 WALB. All rights reserved.
1720 Valley View Drive