Deadly mobile home fire in Leeds ruled accidental

Deadly mobile home fire in Leeds ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:
This is the mobile home that burned in Leeds on Wednesday, Jan. 8. Source: WBRC video This is the mobile home that burned in Leeds on Wednesday, Jan. 8. Source: WBRC video
Source: WBRC video Source: WBRC video
Hollie Amerine, 11, died in a mobile house fire in Leeds last week. Source: Family photo/WBRC video Hollie Amerine, 11, died in a mobile house fire in Leeds last week. Source: Family photo/WBRC video
LEEDS, AL (WBRC) -

Investigators have determined the fire that killed an 11-year-old girl in Leeds last week was accidental.

Hollie Amerine died when the mobile home where she and her family were living caught on fire last Wednesday night. Her mother, mother's boyfriend and half brother and sister were able to get out of the trailer alive.

State fire marshal Ed Paul says investigators are still working to find out the source of the fire. It could have been electrical, due to a space heater, or started by the stove, which was being used to heat the home.

Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow