Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW YORK, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Increasing Volume and Decreasing Value
Objectives of the Study
Rationale for M&As
The challenges posed by expiring patents, the global economic slowdown, generic competition, reduced healthcare spending, and price premium pressures are forcing the pharma and biotech industry to restructure and streamline strategies to increase profitability. M&As have become key for the reversal of reduced profitability by opening access to new markets while creating more revenue pools and to some extent compensating for the depletion of the R&D pipeline.
- Big pharma's contribution to M&A deal value has been decreasing, unlocking big pharma's inability to participate in high-value deals over the past few years.- The trend of increasing low-value deals is expected to continue. However, big pharma's balance sheets show signs of a few mega deals.- North America remains the most active region in terms of both number and value of deals.- The pharmaceutical and biotechnology stock market indices continue to outperform the S&P 500 index.- Biotechnology deals witnessed higher stock premiums compared to the pharmaceutical sector.- Horizontal integration remains key in both the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors.
Key Terms Used in the Study
- M&A: Mergers and acquisitions is an aspect of corporate strategy, corporate finance, and management by which corporations legally unify ownership of assets formerly subject to separate controls. The term "deal" in the study refers to M&A transactions.- The Industry is comprised of 2 sectors, pharmaceutical and biotechnology.
- Pharmaceutical: Companies engaged in the research, development, or production of pharmaceuticals.
- Biotechnology: Companies primarily engaged in the research, development, manufacture, and/or marketing of products based on genetic analysis and genetic engineering. This includes companies specializing in protein-based therapeutics to treat human diseases.
The collective term referring to the largest participants in terms of revenue in the pharmaceutical sector. The list of companies included in this study is provided in the glossary.
The collective term referring to the largest participants in terms of revenue in the biotechnology sector. The list of companies included in this study is provided in the glossary.
Study's Key Objectives Include:
- Analyzing the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) trends in the global pharma and biotech industry- Identifying the key M&A trends in the industry based on geographies, deals across sectors, and the natures of buyers- Conducting a financial analysis of the deals with respect to valuation multiples- Identifying, comparing, and assessing geographical regions that have current and potential M&A activity- To arrive at strategic conclusions based on the key trends observed
- Across sectors- Across geographies- Valuation multiples- Stock price variations- Percentage of stake acquired- Type of buyers
Who will benefit?
- Companies operating in the global pharma and biotech industry- Private equity- Venture capital investors- Fund managers- Retail investors- Sovereign wealth funds- Hedge funds- Insurance funds and other members in the investing communityExecutive SummaryIntroductionThe Key Rationale for M&AKey M&A IndicatorsGeographic AnalysisCross-border Deal Analysis-Buyer's Perspective for Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North AmericaSectorial Analysis-PharmaceuticalSectorial Analysis-BiotechnologyPercent Stake Sought and Target Stock Premium AnalysisConclusionAppendixThe Frost & Sullivan Story
To order this report: Merger and Acquisition (M&A) Trends in the Global Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industry http://www.reportlinker.com/p01963441/Merger-and-Acquisition-MA-Trends-in-the-Global-Pharmaceutical-and-Biotechnology-Industry.html#utm_source=prnewswire&utm_medium=pr&utm_campaign=Investment_Banking
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.
1720 Valley View Drive