John's City Diner
Southwest Chicken and Corn Chowder
- ¼ Cup Canola oil
- 1 each Green bell pepper diced
- 1 each Red bell pepper diced
- 2 each Onions diced
- 1 Qt Corn - grilled
- 1 T Salt
- 1 T Pepper
- 2 T Garlic - granulated
- 2 T Ancho chili powder
- 2 T Cumin - ground
- 2 T Coriander - ground
- 1 T Dark chili powder
- 1 Qt Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ Qt Chicken stock
- 1 C Water
- 2 bunch Cilantro – fresh
- 2 pounds Pulled chicken – cut into 1 inch chunks
- Cook and pull 2 pounds of bone in chicken.
- In a large stockpot, combine the canola oil, red bells, green bells and onions over medium high heat. When the onions become translucent, add all the spices and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Stir in chicken stock to the pot and allow to cook for 10-15 minute on low heat.
- In a separate container, blend 2 cups corn, water and fresh cilantro in blender or with hand mixer.
- Add the corn and cilantro mixture to the pot and simmer for another 15 minutes on low heat.
- Add the heavy cream and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Turn off heat and mix in your pulled chicken.
Noon Cooking - January 23, 2014
1720 Valley View Drive