2014 Ultimate Catch Give Away Contest Rules
1. Promotion Description. The "Ultimate Catch Give-Away" will allow those who qualify as a "finalist" to have a chance to win a 2014 x17c triton aluminum bass boat serial number TRT95182L314 with a mercury 60 horsepower four stroke motor serial number 1C242337 and a matching marine master x17c boat trailer serial number 5JUBT1919ET053970 from Airport Marine. The prize is valued at approximately $21,000. This promotion is sponsored by Fox6 WBRC, 1720 Valley View Drive, Birmingham, Alabama 35209 ("WBRC-TV") and Airport Marine, 424 Highway 87, Alabaster, Alabama 35007 (collectively, "Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at February 6, 2013 and ends at February 25, 2014 ("Promotion Period"). Entries must be received by February 19, 2014. This promotion is void where prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and Federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Bibb, Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Chilton, Clay, Cleburne, Coosa, Cullman, DeKalb, Etowah, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Marion, Marshall, Pickens, Randolph, St. Clair, Shelby, Sumter, Talladega, Tallapoosa, Tuscaloosa, Walker and Winston, Alabama, who are licensed drivers 19 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees, or persons living with employees or immediate family members of employees, of Raycom Media, Inc., WBRC-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. The phrase "immediate family members" refers to spouses, parents, in-laws, children, siblings, and any other extended family members.
3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this promotion. Number one: be the 6th caller during the Fox6 WBRC News at Ten after seeing the prompt to call weekdays between the dates of Thursday, February 6, 2014 and Wednesday, February 19, 2014. Number two: you can enter in person at Airport Marine at 424 Highway 87 Alabaster, AL 35007 between the dates of Thursday, February 6, 2014 and Wednesday, February 19, 2014. A registration box will be located inside the business where a registration form can be completed and placed in designated box. On Thursday, February 20, 2014, WBRC-TV will broadcast a special program from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. named the "Bassmaster Classic Preview" and, during that program, 20 finalists will be announced. Ten will be randomly chosen from designated box at Airport Marine and 10 by being the qualified 6th caller during the 10 p.m. news for the contest period. All finalists will be notified by phone and/or email based on the information they provide to the call taker or on the registration form at Airport Marine. If chosen as a finalist, that entrant's presence will be required at Airport Marine at 424 Highway 87 Alabaster, Al 35007 on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at a designated time. The winner will be randomly drawn from the qualified finalists who are present at Airport Marine at approximately 6:15 p.m. Winner will be required to pick up the prize, at his or her own expense, from Airport Marine within two weeks of winning prize. The prize only consists of what is stated in the official rules above. A promotional truck will be pulling the boat, but is not a part of the prize. The winner's name, likeness, and prize will be announced on the WBRC-TV evening newscast the same night the prize is won. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. If an entrant becomes a finalist, he or she will no longer be eligible to become a finalist again in this promotion.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WBRC-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WBRC-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WBRC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner. Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
4. Odds of Winning. The odds of becoming a finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received. Assuming all finalists qualify, the odds of winning are 1 in 20.
5. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A valid driver's license or other valid picture identification is required to claim the prize. WBRC-TV will determine what constitutes a valid ID. The winner will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, and any other paperwork required by Airport Marine, prior to receiving their prize, or the prize will be forfeited. Winner will be required to fulfill any other requirements required by applicable law. Winner must take possession of his or her prize by March 11, 2014 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes (including but not limited to income taxes and sales taxes), as well as license and registration fees, tag fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WBRC-TV or Airport Marine will report the prize to the Internal Revenue Service pursuant to applicable law. Winner will receive a Form 1099 from WBRC-TV or Airport Marine.
Winner and the other finalists agree to the use of his or her name, voice, likeness, biography, and opinions in publicity in any media, worldwide, without any additional compensation or consideration, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, winner acknowledges that WBRC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
6. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused. Entrant releases Sponsor(s) from any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
7. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WBRC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WBRC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned and/or in a fair manner (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion). Sponsor(s) disclaim any representations or warranties regarding the merchantability or fitness of any prize.
8. Name of Winner. To view the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WBRC 2014 Ultimate Catch Give Away Winners list at 1720 Valley View Drive, Birmingham, Alabama 35209 between February 26, 2014 and March 28, 2014.
1720 Valley View Drive