Mount Pleasant fire hall remains closed for mold

Mount Pleasant fire hall remains closed for mold

Posted: Updated:
MOUNT PLEASANT, TN (WSMV) -

Mount Pleasant firefighters won't be allowed in their fire hall for several more months.

The fire hall was closed in December 2013 because it had been overcome with mold.

Originally officials said the problem would be fixed in six months, but now the fire department tells us it could take six more months before the issue is fixed.

The fire department continues to work out of a vacant warehouse during the cleanup.

It's costing the city $100,000 to get rid of the mold.

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow