1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WBRC, LLC 1720 Valley View Dr., Birmingham, AL 35209. The promotion begins at 1:00PM Sunday July 6, 2014. Entries must be received each weekday by 1:00PM in order to qualify. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the stations' viewing area: Bibb, Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Chilton, Clay, Coosa, Cullman, Etowah, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Lamar, Marion, Marshall, Pickens, St. Clair, Shelby, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Walker and Winston, who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WBRC LLC, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. .
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this giveaway; when the "call to action" is announced on WBRC, viewers must text the word that was displayed. The number to text will be announced on air when the "call to action" is made. Entries must be received by each weekday though Friday July 18, 2014 by 1:00PM in order to qualify. Message and data rates may apply. All entries forms must be filled out completely to qualify and become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
4. By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WBRC-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WBRC-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WBRC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
5. Prize(s). Ten (10) prize will be awarded, one (1) each weekday Monday July 7, 2014 through Friday July 18, 2014. Winners will receive two (2) Tickets to the 2014 American Idol Live Tour at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center Saturday July 26, 2014 at 8:00PM. Approximate retail value is $80.00.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. How the Prizes are Awarded. Daily winners will be notified via the phone number used during entry process. Daily winners July 7 – 11, 2014 will also be announced on The Major Tom Show on 102.5 The Bull. Daily winners July 14 – 18, 2014 will also be announce on FOX6 News at 10PM. Daily winners who we are unable to reach before 3:00pm July 8 – 11, 2014 will be disqualified. If the winner is not reached, one alternate will be chosen by random drawing and will have until 4:00pm, if the alternate is unable to be reached by 4:00pm there will be no winner on that day. Daily winners who we are unable to reach before 9:00pm July 14 – 18, 2014 will be disqualified. If the winner is not reached, one alternate will be chosen by random drawing and will have until 10:00pm, if the alternate is unable to be reached by 10:00pm there will be no winner on that day.
7. Odds of Winning. Odds of being a prize winner depends on the number of entries received.
8. Prize Limitations: Only one (1) winner per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one (1) prize from WBRC-sponsored competitions within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered. Winner of the Competition must claim prize by Thursday July 24, 2014 or the prize will be forfeited.
9. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture state issued identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute a release and affidavit of eligibility at FOX6 WBRC located at 1720 Valley View Dr., Birmingham, AL 35209on normal business days between 9:00AM – 4:00PM by Thursday July 24, 2014 or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by Thursday July 24, 2014 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WBRC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WBRC-TV if WBRC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WBRC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
10. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
11. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WBRC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WBRC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
12. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to P.O. Box 6, Birmingham, AL between July 25, 2014 and August 29, 2014.
1720 Valley View Drive